By Tom DeVroy, Product Evangelist, IFS
Today, most companies with teams of mobile field technicians are running some type of field service management software. They may have even extended that software to handheld devices used by their technicians in the field. In some cases, that service management software will automate part of the dispatcher’s role by using data on technicians and projects to generate a schedule for the day.
In this whitepaper, we will discuss the reasons that in addition to their standard field service software solution, your business should consider running Planning and Scheduling Optimization (PSO). We will define what PSO is and how it can:
- Increase the agility of your field service operation
- Allow you to succeed in meeting demanding service level agreements (SLAs)
- Schedule field resources dynamically, in real time
- Use the power of the cloud to drive efficiencies in your business.
- Reduce drive time and customer site visits while improving customer service
- Provide visualization of your field service operation enabling easier and more efficient management
- In depth analysis of service operation by virtually any criteria, geography, service call type, SLA, business unit