Groundbreaking Management and Security for Android and iOS 4 includes New ‘Application Portal' Functionality for Seamless Over-the-Air Deployment of In-House, Market and App Store Apps
Sybase, Inc., an SAP company and industry leader in enterprise and mobile software, recently announced the industry's most advanced and complete mobile device management (MDM) and security solution for iOS 4 and Android powered smartphones and tablets. The latest release of Sybase Afaria empowers enterprise IT to fully manage and secure the proliferation of personal and corporate smartphones and tablets from a single console, meeting strict corporate security standards. Additionally, Afaria's new seamless over-the-air (OTA) delivery of in-house, market and App Store developed apps, combined with client-side portal technology ensures that only approved mobile users are granted access to internal applications and data while creating a simplified and streamlined user experience.
Sybase Afaria is relied upon by enterprises and managed mobility partners around the world to empower the mobile workforce and support IT departments. With this release, Sybase further ensures that access to enterprise apps and data is controlled across the entire organization through Afaria's comprehensive policy enforcement. Sybase provides unparalleled management for a wide variety of mobile devices, supplying the tools that enterprises require to empower their mobile workforce.
"Through our partnership with Sybase and SAP, we have led the way in providing game-changing managed mobility services with proven business value," said Dr. Marcus Hacke, senior vice president responsible for mobile enterprise services, T-Systems. "Our customer base will significantly benefit from Afaria's enhanced security and expanded support for Android and iOS 4. The new Afaria client portal technology and over-the-air deployment capabilities will further transform our managed mobility solutions and better enable employee productivity and connectivity to customers." .
In a recent independent research report by Forrester Research, Inc. ("Market Overview: Smartphone Management" August, 2010) the report states: "Smartphone management solutions — particularly those that have evolved to be device-agnostic — will become must-have solutions for most businesses worldwide."
The newest version of the industry's most powerful and flexible enterprise mobile device management and security tool enables Sybase to extend its device support not only to iOS, Windows Mobile, Symbian and RIM BlackBerry devices, but also to Android smartphones.
The latest release of Afaria delivers the most advanced management and security features for Android devices, including:
- New comprehensive insight into detailed device status, including extensive software and hardware inventory management, process automation and license management for third party applications.
- New client-side application portal enables secure OTA delivery of ‘required' in-house apps and ‘recommended' marketplace apps for enterprise IT managers, while providing a seamless user experience.
- Strong security features including password policy enforcement as well as native device lock, unlock and wipe without the need for Microsoft Exchange.
Afaria leverages the new MDM protocol introduced in iOS 4 to deliver the following enhancements and capabilities to customers:
- New downloadable client for secure, seamless OTA deployment and management of ‘required' in-house apps and ‘recommended' App Store apps.
- Advanced corporate security through remote lock and wipe of devices, managed enterprise applications, device configuration and gated access to corporate assets based upon device compliance.
- Advanced policy management and enforcement allows IT to securely control access to native apps such as Lotus Traveler or Microsoft Exchange.
- Accurate and comprehensive asset tracking provides a real time view of current inventory and device status.
"The demand to secure today's leading smartphones and tablets and closely manage access to enterprise apps has never been greater," said Willie Jow, vice president of mobility marketing, Sybase. "The addition of over-the-air app distribution for Android and iOS 4 in Afaria enables customers to easily deploy enterprise resources to the largest device populations. By providing a revolutionary client-side portal that delivers a store-like environment for in-house, market and App Store apps, Afaria transforms the mobile user experience."
The latest release of Sybase Afaria is being demonstrated this week at CTIA Enterprise and Applications 2010, October 5-8, 2010, San Francisco, and is scheduled to be available in mid October 2010. Sybase Afaria is a key component of the Sybase Mobility Platform, the industry's first and most expansive framework of best-in-class mobility servers, mobile applications and mobile services, empowering enterprises to transform the way they connect with their customers and enable their employees. For more information, visit http://www.sybase.com/afaria.
IDC: – Sybase recognized as the leader in mobile device management enterprise software for the ninth consecutive year.
- Register for free webcast titled, "Separate Personal and Corporate Data: Managing and Securing iOS 4," where Sybase technical experts can help companies explore the issues they need to consider when evaluating these mobility tools.
- To view the results of a survey gauging consumer opinion of Android tablets, click here.
- To view the results of a survey gauging consumer opinion of the iPhone 4 and iOS 4, click here.
Sybase, an SAP company, is the industry leader in delivering enterprise and mobile software to manage, analyze and mobilize information. We are recognized globally as a performance leader, proven in the most data-intensive industries and across all major systems, networks and devices. Our information management, analytics and enterprise mobility solutions have powered the world's most mission-critical systems in financial services, telecommunications, manufacturing and government. For more information, visit www.sybase.com..
SOURCE: Sybase, Inc.