Nearly every field service organization has equipped its mobile workers with rugged tablets for over 20 years – long before the idea of the first iPad launched. However, the expanded computing capabilities of handheld devices, along with the shrinking size and weight of clamshell-style mobile computers, are leading many organizations to re-evaluate which mobile device form factor is really right for their different types of mobile workers, and the many different jobs they complete every day.
Join Xplore Technologies’ Cliff Adams and Rob Karsch for an in-depth discussion about how the current evolution and expansion of rugged mobile computer choices will impact your field service organization over the next 3-5 years, especially as you look to onboard more advanced automation, augmented reality and IoT technologies. The only way to maximize investment value across an entire business is to apply enterprise-grade rugged mobility in concert with enterprise-grade business systems, operational technologies and network technologies.
During this hour-long webinar, you will learn about the many considerations that need to be made when deciding whether a rugged tablet, laptop, or handheld-based mobility solution is best for your business, including:
- The other components that make up the solution (routers, vehicle mounts, docking systems, etc.)
- How the solution will be used (the actual workflow application)
- Where the solution will be used (i.e. the location and environmental elements, wireless range, etc.)
- Who will use the solution (i.e. workers’ individual preferences, daily flow, efficiency expectations)
- Future expectations for the solution