In today’s field service environment, service-centric businesses must align themselves with customer expectations more closely, respond to market changes more swiftly, and deliver services more quickly and consistently.
To achieve these goals, they need cost-effective IT infrastructure that supports improved service through:
- Real-time monitoring of equipment and personnel performance.
- Data analysis that identifies operational inefficiencies to be eliminated.
- Digitally enabled customer experiences.
- Mobile solutions for field technicians, office staff, and customers.
Despite these more advanced needs, field service organizations (FSOs) spend between 70-75% of their annual IT budgets on outdated legacy IT systems. At the same time, 36% of companies cite a lack of IT budget as a major challenge to improving service, according to the Aberdeen State of Service Report These figures suggest many companies squander their budgets on expensive IT systems that don’t meet their performance needs.
In this eBook, Astea’s Director of Cloud Hosting Services, Erik Breen, explains various cloud hosting options and why cloud-hosted field service solutions are necessary tools for delivering customer-centric, value-added service. We’ll address:
- The difference between on-premises solutions and cloud solutions.
- The benefits of cloud solutions.
- The difference between private and public cloud deployment models.
- The Astea approach to cloud deployment.