How to make the right decision for your organization
Artificial intelligence is becoming an essential tool for the service sector — aiding in everything from service delivery and customer support, to employee training.
With nearly 50% of companies reporting that they’ve adopted AI in at least one business function, trends indicate that tech-forward companies are past figuring out if they should lean on AI’s capabilities. Instead, they’re figuring out when they’ll make the investment and how they will implement it.
As companies weigh the pros and cons of adoption, an even bigger question arises: is it better to build a solution in-house or buy it from a vendor?
Ultimately, the questions you should consider are:
- Which option delivers maximum organizational benefit?
- What is the difference in deployment time for building vs. buying?
- How much will it cost to build vs. buy?
- What internal resources or additional consultants will be needed for each option?
- If a quick-to-implement solution fits your organization’s needs, will it offer better ROI in comparison to building a perfect, custom solution that may take twice as much time and resources?
It’s about what offers the biggest benefit to your organization. Here are a few expert tips for figuring out which path is the best fit.