As a veteran of the two-way radio business with close to 20 years of industry experience, Marty Bleck knows what it takes to run a successful two-way dealership. Back in 2014, he also knew that General Communications, the company where he has served as national sales director and system administrator since 2009, needed to upgrade someof its key business resources.
Bleck started looking for a system that would give the GenComm team the technology tools they needed to compete and it didn’t take him long to find the answer: e-automate software from ECI Software Solutions.
“E-automate offered just about all the key features we were looking for so it wasn’t a very difficult decision,” Bleck recalls. Fast forward some two and a half years and the numbers alone leave little doubt about the wisdom of that decision:
- Key financial reports that before took literally several days to prepare now take just 10 or 15 minutes with e-automate and the accuracy level is light-years ahead of what it used to be
- Administrative costs at GenComm are down 35% from what they were before the move to e-automate
- Inventory turns are up more than 20%
- Billable tech hours are up over 10%
- Best of all, both revenue and bottom line profits are up 10%